Re: postgresql 11 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Brad DeJong
Subject Re: postgresql 11 release notes
Date
Re: postgresql 11 release notes  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-docs

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 9:20 PM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br> wrote:
Brad, your forgot to reply to pgsql-docs.

> How about dropping the which clause entirely? I split this off as
> release-11-newunit-v1.patch for further discussion.

Works for me. Could you append it to v2?

Done.
>>         <para>
>> -        Exclude unlogged, temporary tables, and
>> +        Exclude unlogged, temporary tables and
>>          <filename>pg_internal.init</filename> files from streaming base
>>          backups (David Steele)
>>         </para>
>>
>> AFAIK postgres uses Oxford comma a lot.
>
> I left this change in the v2 patch.
> I didn't remove it because it was an Oxford comma; I removed it because
> there are only two items, tables and files, so this should not be a comma
> separated list.
> Unlogged and temporary both modify tables and tell us what kind of tables
> are being excluded.
> If this was a list, the items should be semi-colon separated because of the
> comma between unlogged and temporary.
> For example - Exclude unlogged, temporary tables; b-tree indexes; and
> pg_internal.init files from streaming base backups.

I see. I think the sentence should be "Exclude unlogged tables,
temporary tables, and <filename>pg_internal.init</filename> files from
streaming base backups".

I like it. Done.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

Attachment