Re: postgresql 11 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: postgresql 11 release notes
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 05:08:39AM -0500, Brad DeJong wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 9:20 PM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br> wrote:
>     > I left this change in the v2 patch.
>     > I didn't remove it because it was an Oxford comma; I removed it because
>     > there are only two items, tables and files, so this should not be a comma
>     > separated list.
>     > Unlogged and temporary both modify tables and tell us what kind of tables
>     > are being excluded.
>     > If this was a list, the items should be semi-colon separated because of
>     the
>     > comma between unlogged and temporary.
>     > For example - Exclude unlogged, temporary tables; b-tree indexes; and
>     > pg_internal.init files from streaming base backups.
>     >
>     I see. I think the sentence should be "Exclude unlogged tables,
>     temporary tables, and <filename>pg_internal.init</filename> files from
>     streaming base backups".
>

> I like it. Done.

Patch applied.  This was a great help, thanks.  The "This features" typo
was already found.  I did not apply this part since it would have added
whitespace after the period.

> -        Add <link
> -
linkend="pg-stat-activity-view"><structname>pg_stat_activity</structname>.<structfield>backend_type</structfield></link>