Re: Commitfest II CLosed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Commitfest II CLosed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/2013 08:11 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> Supposedly, we have a policy that for each patch you submit, you ought
>> to review a patch.  That right there ought to provide enough reviewers
>> for all the patches, but clearly it didn't.  And I'm pretty sure that
>> some people (like me) looked at a lot MORE patches than they
>> themselves submitted.  I think auditing who is not contributing in
>> that area and finding tactful ways to encourage them to contribute
>> would be a very useful service to the project.
>

> What if as part of the patch submission process you had to pick the patch
> you were going to review? If there are no patches to review, then we
> obviously don't have a problem. If there are patches to review then we are
> all set.

if we are going to modify the CF app (not offering myself, and i'm not
trying to bind anyone also) i would prefer to see a flag stating if
number of reviews registered there are less than submitted patches.
This could be a column just after the author of a patch, so people can
give preference to patches of submitters that are also reviewing other
people's patches.

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación