Re: Commitfest II CLosed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commitfest II CLosed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/21/2013 08:11 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> Supposedly, we have a policy that for each patch you submit, you ought
> to review a patch.  That right there ought to provide enough reviewers
> for all the patches, but clearly it didn't.  And I'm pretty sure that
> some people (like me) looked at a lot MORE patches than they
> themselves submitted.  I think auditing who is not contributing in
> that area and finding tactful ways to encourage them to contribute
> would be a very useful service to the project.

What if as part of the patch submission process you had to pick the
patch you were going to review? If there are no patches to review, then
we obviously don't have a problem. If there are patches to review then
we are all set.

I guess there is the problem of there only being patches that a
submitter is not qualified to review but I find that miniscule as every
person on this list (myself included) can do a cursory review (patch
applies, docs are good, indentation is appropriate, works as advertised).

The commitfest app would have to be modified for this but what do people
think?

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579