Paging Through Query Result Sets - Mailing list psycopg

From Don Parris
Subject Paging Through Query Result Sets
Date
Re: Paging Through Query Result Sets
List psycopg
Hi all,

I would like to be able to page through a result set when there is more than one screenful of data.  Is there a good example of paging through a query result set in Bash - something like implementing the less command?  Even if I can't scroll backwards through the result set, at least being able to control the paging forward would be good.

I have seen the notes on fetchmany(), which almost seems to be what I want.  Except that fetchmany(25) will fetch 25 records and that's about it.  Maybe I just need to change the way I code it...

Active State used to have some neat snippets I was able to take advantage of in the past (for working with text files), and I was looking at this:
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/137270-use-generators-for-fetching-large-db-record-sets/

But I am not certain it really does what I am looking for.  Still, I am fairly certain there is an example of this somewhere I can look at to see how it is implemented.

Thoughts?

--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate