Re: Paging Through Query Result Sets - Mailing list psycopg

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Paging Through Query Result Sets
Date
List psycopg
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 06:38:32PM -0400, Don Parris wrote:

> I would like to be able to page through a result set when there is more
> than one screenful of data.  Is there a good example of paging through a
> query result set in Bash - something like implementing the less command?

If Bash really is your implementation language one of your
best bets may be to download the entire resultset into a
text file and *actually* less'ing through that.

Other than that, something akin to a local file may be
constructed by judicious use of pipes.

    psql ... -c 'select interesting rows;' | less

should do the trick, no ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346