Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Driver Module - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From George Gelashvili
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Driver Module
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

We looked through the places where there is existing version checking and there isn't a ton of it. Our current plan for supporting Greenplum in pgAdmin4 was not necessarily to support all the features of pgAdmin4, but to at least get the core functionality working.
I'm not too concerned about there being a ton of switches, because I don't think most features will need to be disabled. We will also likely make changes to Greenplum to support certain features like query plans rather than doing all the changes on the pgAdmin4 side.

What I would like to see though is version checking that happens in one place and is not tied exclusively to either flavor or version, but to a combination of the two. E.g. Greenplum 5.0 might support a feature that is not supported in 8.3 postgres.

Tira & George