Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Temporal query processing with range types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Moser
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Temporal query processing with range types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> There's no documentation in this patch.  I'm not sure you want to go
> to the trouble of writing SGML documentation until this has been
> reviewed enough that it has a real chance of getting committed, but on
> the other hand we're obviously all struggling to understand what it
> does, so I think if not SGML documentation it at least needs a real
> clear explanation of what the syntax is and does in a README or
> something, even just for initial review.

The attached README explains the NORMALIZE operation step-by-step with
an example. That is, we start from a query input, show how we rewrite
it during parser stage, and show how the final execution generates
result tuples. A similar walkthrough for ALIGN will follow soon.

We are thankful for any suggestion or ideas, to be used to write a
good SGML documentation.

Best regards,
Anton, Michael, Johann, Peter