Re: BUG #9424: Database size increased by 10MB everyday - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Venkata Balaji Nagothi
Subject Re: BUG #9424: Database size increased by 10MB everyday
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:48 AM, <tejaswinihj24@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Bug reference:      9424
> Logged by:          Tejaswini
> Email address:      tejaswinihj24@yahoo.co.in
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.5
> Operating system:   Windows
>
> I am using Windows 2008 R2 and PostgreSQL 9.2.5
>
> Each day, the DB backup is increased by about 10 MB. On
> investigation, it was discovered that table size of one table used by the
> application is increasing on daily basis by about 60MB. It appears
> that that the formula / expression queue cleanup job that is scheduled
> for every half an hour is not running properly.

Could you help us know what kind of activity the said table is subjected to
in much more detail ?

Does the clean-up job mean that you have scheduled a job to clean-up some
archival/in-active data ? or is it a some kind of maintenance job ?

Table size can grow for different reasons - it could be Bloats, Toast etc.

Regards,
Venkata Balaji N

Fujitsu Australia