Re: Baseline configurations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Orr
Subject Re: Baseline configurations
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, a general document shouldn't be applied blindly to a specific
site. It can't address the highest security or lowest security
situation, but instead aim for a general middle applicable to the
majority of situations. The local admin has to review each
recommendation and decide whether it's (A) applicable, (B) worth the
effort, (C) should be implemented differently, or (D) superceded by
somebody else's better recommendation. So we have two documents, the
external well-known baseline, and a local document listing how we
apply each recommendation or why we ignore it or what additional
requirements we have. But the baseline document is still useful as an
authoritative reference.

I'll look through your general database document and see if it has
anything relevant.