Re: [HACKERS] A design for amcheck heapam verification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] A design for amcheck heapam verification
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:38 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> My apologies for slacking here. I would still welcome some regression
> tests to stress the bloom API you are proposing! For now I am moving
> this patch to next CF.

I still don't think that regression tests as such make sense. However,
it seems like it might be a good idea to add a test harness for the
Bloom filter code. I actually wrote code like this for myself during
development, that could be cleaned up. The hardness can live in
source/src/test/modules/test_bloom_filter. We already do this for the
red-black tree library code, for example, and it seems like good
practice.

Would that address your concern? There would be an SQL interface, but
it would be trivial.

--
Peter Geoghegan