Re: [BUGS] BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching theON CONFLICT - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching theON CONFLICT
Date
Re: [BUGS] BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching theON CONFLICT  (Tiago Babo <tiago.babo@gmail.com>)
Re: [BUGS] BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching the ON CONFLICT  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Tiago Babo <tiago.babo@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only difference (so it seems), is that when it crashes, the person was created in the seconds before creating the
account.When it previously exists in the persons table, it never gives the error.

It crashes?

Anyway, it's very hard to see how that could be, since the error in
question is thrown from within the planner. I don't recall the exact
details of how inference will do offhand, but I am suspicious of the
cast that appears in the partial index predicate.

--
Peter Geoghegan