Re: [BUGS] BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching the ON CONFLICT - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching the ON CONFLICT
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> Anyway, it's very hard to see how that could be, since the error in
> question is thrown from within the planner.

Yeah, there really shouldn't be any data dependency there.

> I don't recall the exact
> details of how inference will do offhand, but I am suspicious of the
> cast that appears in the partial index predicate.

That's expected given that the column is declared varchar.

The whole thing is pretty strange.  I could believe the test not
finding an index whose state is changing (ie, it's in process of
being built by CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY), but as long as the
pg_index entry is stable it seems like it should either work or not.