Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 3:01 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> The RMT discussed this recently. We are concerned about this issue,
> including how it has been handled so far.
>
> If you're unable to resolve the issue (or at least commit time to
> resolving the issue) then the RMT will call for the revert of the
> original feature patch.

The RMT continues to be concerned about the lack of progress on this
open item, especially the lack of communication from Michael Meskes,
the committer of the original patch (commit ad8305a). We are prepared
to exercise our authority to resolve open items directly. The only
fallback option available to us is a straight revert of commit
ad8305a.

We ask that Michael Meskes give a status update here no later than
23:59 on Fri 13 Aug ("anywhere on earth" timezone). This update should
include a general assessment of the problem, a proposed resolution
(e.g., committing the proposed patch from Hayato Kuroda), and an
estimate of when we can expect the problem to be fully resolved. If
Michael is unable to provide a status update by that deadline, or if
Michael is unable to commit to a reasonably prompt resolution for this
open item, then the RMT will call for a revert without further delay.

The RMT's first responsibility is to ensure that PostgreSQL 14 is
released on schedule. We would prefer to avoid a revert, but we cannot
allow this to drag on indefinitely.

--
Peter Geoghegan