Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Peter,

> The RMT continues to be concerned about the lack of progress on this
> open item, especially the lack of communication from Michael Meskes,
> the committer of the original patch (commit ad8305a). We are prepared
> to exercise our authority to resolve open items directly. The only
> fallback option available to us is a straight revert of commit
> ad8305a.
>
> We ask that Michael Meskes give a status update here no later than
> 23:59 on Fri 13 Aug ("anywhere on earth" timezone). This update
> should
> include a general assessment of the problem, a proposed resolution
> (e.g., committing the proposed patch from Hayato Kuroda), and an
> estimate of when we can expect the problem to be fully resolved. If
> Michael is unable to provide a status update by that deadline, or if
> Michael is unable to commit to a reasonably prompt resolution for
> this
> open item, then the RMT will call for a revert without further delay.
>
> The RMT's first responsibility is to ensure that PostgreSQL 14 is
> released on schedule. We would prefer to avoid a revert, but we
> cannot
> allow this to drag on indefinitely.

I get it that the goal is to release PostgreSQL 14 and I also get it
that nobody is interested in the reasons for my slow reaction. I even,
at least to an extend, understand why nobody tried reaching out to me
directly. However, what I cannot understand at all is the tone of this
email. Is this the new way of communication in the PostgreSQL project?

Just to be more precise, I find it highly offensive that you address an
email only to me (everyone else was on CC) and yet do not even try to
talk to me, but instead talk about me as a third person. I find this
very disrespectful.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes