Re: [HACKERS] Small improvement to compactify_tuples - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Small improvement to compactify_tuples
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Maybe it's a stupid question. But would we still want to have this after
> the change? These should be just specializations of the template version
> imo.

I also wonder why regression test output has changed. Wasn't this
supposed to be a mechanical change in how the templating is
implemented? Why would the behavior of the algorithm change, even if
the change is only a change in the output order among equal elements?

Also, is that one last raw CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() in the template
definition supposed to be there?

--
Peter Geoghegan