Re: pgsql: Add more $Test::Builder::Level in the TAP tests - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add more $Test::Builder::Level in the TAP tests
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 9:00 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Even for single psql commands in your environment?  That would be
> surprising that this does not show the same error about lines 56/57 in
> /home/pg/.psqlrc, but I guess that's up to you for this part..

It's doing this:

-- Source custom variables from dedicated file --
\set queries `cat $HOME/dotfiles/psql-rc-queries.sql`
\o /dev/null
:queries -- this is line 56
\gset

I've been doing this for many years now. It's nothing new.

> It does not change the fact that the test needs to be fixed.  TAP
> tests should be designed to not be influenced by the external world.

Right.

--
Peter Geoghegan