Re: pgsql: Add more $Test::Builder::Level in the TAP tests - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add more $Test::Builder::Level in the TAP tests
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 08:54:16PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 8:51 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>>> #   Failed test 'handling of unexpected PQresultStatus: matches'
>>> #   at t/001_basic.pl line 43.
>>> #                   'psql:/home/pg/.psqlrc:56: ERROR:  syntax error
>>> # psql:/home/pg/.psqlrc:57: ERROR:  syntax error
>>> # LOG:  received replication command: START_REPLICATION 0/0
>>> # unexpected PQresultStatus: 8
>>> # '
>>
>> You may also want to fix your local .psqlrc, while on it.
>
> Why, though? It doesn't do this in any other context.

Even for single psql commands in your environment?  That would be
surprising that this does not show the same error about lines 56/57 in
/home/pg/.psqlrc, but I guess that's up to you for this part..

It does not change the fact that the test needs to be fixed.  TAP
tests should be designed to not be influenced by the external world.
--
Michael

Attachment