Re: pgsql: Add more $Test::Builder::Level in the TAP tests - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add more $Test::Builder::Level in the TAP tests
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 09:04:11PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 9:00 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> It does not change the fact that the test needs to be fixed.  TAP
>> tests should be designed to not be influenced by the external world.
>
> Right.

Hearing nothing, I have just poked at this problem.  And I'd rather
make all the tests go through PostgresNode::psql from which it is
possible to grab stdout, stderr and the result code, as we could miss
local changes in this test if we need a centralized fix, for problems
like the one with SIGPIPE where we don't use -c in a psql command.
Peter, does it take care of your problem?
--
Michael

Attachment