Re: Corrupt index stopping autovacuum system wide - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Corrupt index stopping autovacuum system wide
Date
Re: Corrupt index stopping autovacuum system wide  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Corrupt index stopping autovacuum system wide  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 8:54 AM Aaron Pelz <aaronepelz@gmail.com> wrote:
> To me it looks like a *single* corrupt index held up autovacuums across our entire server, even other in other
databaseson the same server. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Yes -- that is correct.

What PostgreSQL version are you on? Was this an INCLUDE index on PostgreSQL 11?

> Would love guidance on diagnosing this type of thing and strategies for preventing it.

It's possible that amcheck would have given you an accurate diagnosis
of the problem -- especially if you used bt_index_parent_check():

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/amcheck.html
--
Peter Geoghegan