Re: Corrupt index stopping autovacuum system wide - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Corrupt index stopping autovacuum system wide
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 8:54 AM Aaron Pelz <aaronepelz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> To me it looks like a *single* corrupt index held up autovacuums across our entire server, even other in other
databaseson the same server. Am I interpreting this correctly?

> Yes -- that is correct.

It looks that way, but how would a broken non-shared index have held up
autovacuuming in other databases?  Maybe, as this one's xmin horizon
got further and further behind, the launcher eventually stopped
considering launching workers into any other databases?  That seems
like a bad thing; it's postponing work that will need to be done
eventually.

            regards, tom lane