Re: [HACKERS] Passing values to a dynamic background worker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Keith Fiske
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Passing values to a dynamic background worker
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 4/17/17 16:19, Keith Fiske wrote:
> I've reached a roadblock in that bgw_main_arg can only accept a single
> argument that must be passed by value for a dynamic bgw. I already
> worked around this for passing the database name to the my existing use
> of a bgw with doing partition maintenance (pass a simple integer to use
> as an index array value). But I'm not sure how to do this for passing
> multiple values in.

You can also store this kind of information in a table.

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

True, but that seemed like the easy way out. :)  Trying to find ways to learn internals better through projects I'm actively working on.

Keith