Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Date
List pgsql-hackers

čt 25. 10. 2018 v 17:09 odesílatel Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> napsal:
On 2018-Oct-25, Chapman Flack wrote:

> On 10/25/18 10:39 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I think getting out from under libxml2's idiosyncrasies and security
> > lapses would be great, but is there a plausible alternative out there?
>
> Depends on whether anything in [1] sounds plausible.
>
> [1]:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_vs_SQL/XML_Standards#Possible_ways_forward

Heh, I didn't notice this part of the document.  Integrating a C runtime
of a Java library sounds nightmarish -- I wouldn't even think about
that.

XQilla seems to depend on Xerces, and seems to have died in 2011.

Zorba appears to have been taken propietary, from the looks of its last
commits.

Maybe the best way forward is to implement all the JSON functionality
and remove the SQL/XML bits.

It can be bigger compatibility break in Postgres history. SQL/XML functions are widely used.

Regards

Pavel

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/