Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

čt 3. 3. 2022 v 8:16 odesílatel Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> napsal:
On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 03:06:52PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 06:03:06AM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> >
> > I lost commit with this change. I am sending updated patch.

Also, another thing is the size of the patch.  It's probably the minimum to
have a consistent working implementation, but maybe we can still split it to
make review easier?

For instance, maybe having:

- the pg_variable part on its own, without a way to use them, maybe with
  syscache helpers
- the main session variable implementation and test coverage
- plpgsql support and test coverage
- pg_dump support and test coverage

It wouldn't make the main patch that small but could still help quite a bit.

Any better suggestion?

I am sending fresh rebased patch + separation to more patches. This split is initial, and can be changed later

Regards

Pavel

Attachment