Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2013/2/23 Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>:
> Pavel,
>
> * Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
>> We cannot to remove  minimal_error_message() because there
>> are >>two<< SQL queries and if we do fault tolerant oid lookup, then
>> still pg_get_functiondef can raise exception.
>
> Why is that?  lookup_function_oid() only collects the oid to pass to
> get_create_function_cmd(), why not just issue one query to the backend?
> And use PSQLexec() to boot and get --echo-hidden, etc, for free?  And
> eliminate the one-off error handling for just this case?

yes, we can do it. There is only one issue

routines for parsing function signature in regproc and regprocedure
should be updated - and I would to get some agreement than I start to
do modify core.

Regards

Pavel