Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel,

* Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
> We cannot to remove  minimal_error_message() because there
> are >>two<< SQL queries and if we do fault tolerant oid lookup, then
> still pg_get_functiondef can raise exception.

Why is that?  lookup_function_oid() only collects the oid to pass to
get_create_function_cmd(), why not just issue one query to the backend?
And use PSQLexec() to boot and get --echo-hidden, etc, for free?  And
eliminate the one-off error handling for just this case?
Thanks,
    Stephen