Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 10:45 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> writes:
> > wrasse is also failing with a bus error,
>
> Yeah.  At this point I think it's time to call for this patch
> to get reverted.  It should get tested *off line* on some
> non-Intel, non-64-bit, alignment-picky architectures before
> the rest of us have to deal with it any more.
>
> There may be a larger conversation to be had here about how
> much our CI infrastructure should be detecting.  There seems
> to be a depressingly large gap between what that found and
> what the buildfarm is finding --- not only in portability
> issues, but in things like cpluspluscheck failures, which
> I had supposed CI would find.

Okay.

Btw, I think the reason for the bus error on wrasse is the same as
what is creating failure on longfin[1], I mean this unaligned access
is causing Bus error during startup, IMHO.

 frame #0: 0x000000010a36af8c postgres`ParseCommitRecord(info='\x80',
xlrec=0x00007fa06783a090, parsed=0x00007ff7b5c50040) at
xactdesc.c:102:30
    frame #1: 0x000000010a3cd24d
postgres`xact_redo(record=0x00007fa0670096c8) at xact.c:6161:3
    frame #2: 0x000000010a41770d
postgres`ApplyWalRecord(xlogreader=0x00007fa0670096c8,
record=0x00007fa06783a060, replayTLI=0x00007ff7b5c507f0) at
xlogrecovery.c:1897:2

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar