Question about building an exportable snapshop - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Question about building an exportable snapshop
Date
List pgsql-hackers
While working on the issue [1], I realize that if a subtransaction
hasn't done any catalog change then we don't add this in the commit
xid list even if we are building a full snapshot [2].  That means when
we will convert this to the MVCC snapshot we will add this to a
running xid list.  If my understanding is correct then how visibility
will work? Because if I look at the code in XidInMVCCSnapshot(), then
if the suboverflowed is not set then first we are going to look into
the snapshot->subxip array and if we don't find it there then we look
into the snapshot->xip array,  and now we will be finding even
committed subxips in the snapshot->xip array.  Am I missing something?

[2]
/*
* Add subtransaction to base snapshot if catalog modifying, we don't
* distinguish to toplevel transactions there.
*/
if (ReorderBufferXidHasCatalogChanges(builder->reorder, subxid))
{
sub_needs_timetravel = true;
needs_snapshot = true;

[3]