Re: Question about building an exportable snapshop - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Question about building an exportable snapshop
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:21 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> While working on the issue [1], I realize that if a subtransaction
> hasn't done any catalog change then we don't add this in the commit
> xid list even if we are building a full snapshot [2].

I think this is true only if we have reached SNAPBUILD_CONSISTENT
state otherwise, we are adding subtransactions in the committed xip
array by setting 'needs_timetravel' to true. And if we have already
reached a consistent state before it then we anyway don't need to add
this. If this is true, do you still see any problem?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.