Re: G+PostgreSQL Advocacy - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From John Graber
Subject Re: G+PostgreSQL Advocacy
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Hmmmm... automated posting to G+.  It's a great thought.  But I don't know if there's an API one could make use of.

I'm in a different boat with pgMKE because our "web site" is a G+ page and I create events as G+ Events which are a piece of cake to share.  But I realize that doesn't fit for everyone, and http://www.postgresql.org/about/events/ is and should always be the central list.

A better method than a manual one from each event's organizer doesn't come to mind at the moment.  Any suggestions that would improve upon that are most welcome.

For the minimum number of buttons to push, you could post just the link to your event, as Josh did.  (This might be useful for the majority of user groups that are on Meetup.)
https://plus.google.com/116763716624645578717/posts/Ru5Xw1fBcZB

a couple of other methods...

Go the route of creating an Event directly in the PostgreSQL Community as yourself, like Gilberto did:
https://plus.google.com/105911841271415905093/posts/MUMq6CapbYw

In the case of pgMKE — the pgMKE Page shared to the PostgreSQL Community the Event it (pgMKE) had already created:
https://plus.google.com/117679789432538348001/posts/jCEH6wmkmTd