Re: Trouble installing psycopg2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Augori
Subject Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks to Adrian for pointing to this site.  http://toomuchdata.com/2012/06/25/how-to-install-python-2-7-3-on-centos-6-2/  I was able to get the virtual environment set up and install psycopg2 from there.  Now things seem to be working well when I'm logged in as root.

But I need to be able to use the virtualenv as a non-root user, joshmoe.  (And start/stop postgresql as this other user)

The command for getting into the virtualenv is:

source /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate

Understandably, when I run this command as joshmoe, I get a permission denied message:
-bash: /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate: Permission denied

In an attempt to make this command available to joshmoe,  I started with chmod and gave all rwx.  Still gave me the same message. So I edited /etc/sudoer to include the following line:

joshmoe ALL=NOPASSWD: /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate

Now from the joshmoe login, when I run:

sudo source /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate

I get the following:

sudo: source: command not found

It seems pretty clear to me that I'm not using the sudoers file correctly to specify sourcing this file -- I seem to be giving access to that activate file successfully, but not to the built-in source function.  Both of following lines are a no-go in the sudoers file-- syntax error

joshmoe ALL=NOPASSWD: source

joshmoe ALL=NOPASSWD: source /root/Python-2.7.3/projectdir/bin/activate

I've found a good many examples of sudoer statements.  But I can't figure out the syntax that will make this work.  I'm hoping once I get this one, I'll be able to give access to statements like 'service postgresql status' and so forth.