Re: Trouble installing psycopg2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/29/2013 09:38 AM, Augori wrote:
> Thanks to Adrian for pointing to this site.
> http://toomuchdata.com/2012/06/25/how-to-install-python-2-7-3-on-centos-6-2/
>   I was able to get the virtual environment set up and install psycopg2
> from there.  Now things seem to be working well when I'm logged in as root.
>
> But I need to be able to use the virtualenv as a non-root user, joshmoe.
>   (And start/stop postgresql as this other user)

> I've found a good many examples of sudoer statements.  But I can't
> figure out the syntax that will make this work.  I'm hoping once I get
> this one, I'll be able to give access to statements like 'service
> postgresql status' and so forth.

Looks to me you installed the virtualenv as user root into /root. Why
not install the virtualenv as joshme into /joshme? Then you avoid the
sudo problems all together. It also one of the benefits of virtualenv
you can run programs as an ordinary user and not make them system wide.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com