Re: Custom tuplesorts for extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: Custom tuplesorts for extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 3:23 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are some places, which potentially could cause a slowdown.  I'm
> going to make some experiments with that.

I haven't looked at the patches, so I don't know of a specific place to look for a slowdown, but I thought it might help to perform the same query tests as my most recent test for evaluating qsort variants (some description in [1]), and here is the spreadsheet. Overall, the differences look like noise. A few cases with unabbreviatable text look a bit faster with the patch. I'm not sure if that's a real difference, but in any case I don't see a slowdown anywhere.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFBsxsHeTACMP1JVQ%2Bm35-v2NkmEqsJMHLhEfWk4sTB5aw_jkQ%40mail.gmail.com
--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com