Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!  (Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

On 09/29/2015 10:55 AM, Steve Crawford wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:16 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org <mailto:david@fetter.org>> wrote:

    ...What we're not fine with is depending on a proprietary system, no
    matter what type of license, as infrastructure...

Exactly. Which is why I was warning about latching onto features only available in the closed enterprise version.

Like Tom, I more or less promised myself not to get terribly involved in this discussion. Oh, well.

me too, but I have to mention one problem we should have in mind - it's independency from political games (sanctions).  Think about developers from Russia, who one day may be blocked by Github, for example.