Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: [CORE] Restore-reliability mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8 June 2015 at 16:01, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> wrote:
> Wow! I never knew there were all these people out there who would be rushing
> to help test if only the PG developers released alpha versions. It's funny
> how they never used to do it when those alphas were done.

That's probably overplaying your hand a little bit (and it sounds a
bit catty, too).

​I agree. The responses I had written yesterday but didn't send were much worse.

Mainly because I think it's quite an attitude to take that open-source developers should put extra time into building RPMs of development versions rather than testers waiting 5 minutes while their machines compile. Ohmygosh, you have to rpm install a bunch of -devel stuff? What a massive hardship.