Re: back-branch multixact fixes & 9.5 alpha/beta: schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: back-branch multixact fixes & 9.5 alpha/beta: schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So, when shall we do all of this releasing?  It seems like we could do
> stage-one of the multixact fixing this week, and then figure out how
> to do the other stuff after PGCon.  Alternatively, we can let the
> latest round of changes that are already in the tree settle until
> after PGCon, and plan a release for stage-one of the multixact fixing
> then.  Whichever we pick, we then need to figure out the timetable for
> the rest of it.

I think we've already basically missed the window for releases this week.
Not that we couldn't physically do it, but that we normally give the
packagers more than one day's notice.  (There's also the fact that we've
already asked them to do two releases in the past three weeks.)

I propose that we plan for back-branch releases the week after PGCon
(wrap on Monday June 22), and 9.5alpha1 the week after that (wrap on
Monday June 29).  If there's a need for an additional round of back-branch
releases shortly thereafter, we'll deal with that as needed.