Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v12.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v12.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 10:59 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2018-03-22 10:50:52 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> Hmm.  There is no LLVM 6 in backports.
>
> I think there now is:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=llvm&searchon=names§ion=all&suite=stretch-backports
>
> Package llvm-6.0-dev
>
>     stretch-backports (devel): Modular compiler and toolchain technologies, libraries and headers
>     1:6.0-1~bpo9+1: amd64
>
> It's a recent addition:
>
> llvm-toolchain-6.0 (1:6.0-1~bpo9+1) stretch-backports; urgency=medium
>
>   * Team upload
>   * Rebuild for stretch-backports.
>
>  -- Anton Gladky <gladk@debian.org>  Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:58:43 +0100

Huh, it hasn't made it to my mirror yet.

Anyway, I upgraded and built with LLVM 6 and make check now passes on
my arm64 system.  Woohoo!

Via an off-list exchange I learned that Andres suspects a bug in LLVM
3.9 on arm64 and will investigate/maybe file a bug report with LLVM.
Not sure if we'll want to try to actively identify and avoid known
buggy versions or not?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com