Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)
Date
In response to Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Responses Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 19 March 2012 19:55, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> If someone wanted to bite the bullet and do the work, I think we could
> move to a Perl/TAP-based test suite (not pgTAP, but Perl and some fairly
> standard Test::* modules) and reduce that useless reformatting work and
> test more interesting things.  Just a thought ...

I think that that is a good idea. However, I am not a Perl hacker,
though this is the second time that that has left me at a disadvantage
when working on Postgres, so I think it's probably time to learn a
certain amount.