Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)
Date
In response to Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 08:48:07PM +0000, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On 19 March 2012 19:55, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > If someone wanted to bite the bullet and do the work, I think we could
> > move to a Perl/TAP-based test suite (not pgTAP, but Perl and some fairly
> > standard Test::* modules) and reduce that useless reformatting work and
> > test more interesting things.  Just a thought ...
>
> I think that that is a good idea. However, I am not a Perl hacker,
> though this is the second time that that has left me at a disadvantage
> when working on Postgres, so I think it's probably time to learn a
> certain amount.

My blog entry on this topic might be helpful:
http://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2008.html#October_4_2008_2

http://enterprisedb.com