Re: patch: autocomplete for functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: patch: autocomplete for functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of lun mar 19 16:53:49 -0300 2012:

> This connects somewhat to the discussions we've had in the past about
> trying to get not-intended-for-public-use functions out of the standard
> search path.  Not that you want to put a full visibility check into the
> tab-completion query,

I'm rather of the contrary opinion -- surely if we're going to complete
function names, we should only complete those that are in schemas in the
path; similarly for column names.  (BTW I didn't check but does this
completion work if I schema-qualify a column name?)

> but if it could simply exclude a "pg_private"
> namespace, that probably wouldn't be too expensive.

+1