Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Sharma
Subject Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD
Date
In response to Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 12:15 AM Peter Eisentraut

> On 16/10/2018 06:33, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> > I think, the root cause of this problem is that CopyFrom() is using
> > the stale value of *has_before_insert_row_trig* to determine if the
> > current partition is okay for multi-insert or not i.e.
> > has_before_insert_row_trig used to determine multi-insert condition
> > for the current partition actually belongs to old partition. I think,
> > *has_before_insert_row_trig* needs to updated before CopyFrom()
> > evaluates if the current partition is good to go for multi insert or
> > not. Attached is the patch based on this. I've also added the relevant
> > test-case for it. Peter, David, Could you please have a look into the
> > attached patch and share your thoughts. Thank you.
>
> I have committed your fix and test, moving some code around a bit.  Thanks.

Thanks Peter.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma