Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD
Date
In response to Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD  (Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com>)
Re: Multi-insert into a partitioned table with before insert rowtrigger causes server crash on latest HEAD  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 16/10/2018 06:33, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> I think, the root cause of this problem is that CopyFrom() is using
> the stale value of *has_before_insert_row_trig* to determine if the
> current partition is okay for multi-insert or not i.e.
> has_before_insert_row_trig used to determine multi-insert condition
> for the current partition actually belongs to old partition. I think,
> *has_before_insert_row_trig* needs to updated before CopyFrom()
> evaluates if the current partition is good to go for multi insert or
> not. Attached is the patch based on this. I've also added the relevant
> test-case for it. Peter, David, Could you please have a look into the
> attached patch and share your thoughts. Thank you.

I have committed your fix and test, moving some code around a bit.  Thanks.