Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date
Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 6:06 AM Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Hi!

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 8:16 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I've pushed an updated version, with a fair amount of pending changes,
> and I hope all your pending (and not redundant, by our concurrent
> development), patches merged.

I'd like to also share some patches.  I've used current state of
pluggable-zheap for the base of my patches.

Thanks for the review and patches.

 * 0001-remove-extra-snapshot-functions.patch – removes
snapshot_satisfiesUpdate() and snapshot_satisfiesVacuum() functions
from tableam API.  snapshot_satisfiesUpdate() was unused completely.
snapshot_satisfiesVacuum()  was used only in heap_copy_for_cluster().
So, I've replaced it with direct heapam_satisfies_vacuum().

Thanks for the correction.

 * 0002-add-costing-function-to-API.patch – adds function for costing
sequential and table sample scan to tableam API.  zheap costing
function are now copies of heap costing function.  This should be
adjusted in future.

This patch misses the new *_cost.c files that are added specific cost
functions.

  Estimation for heap lookup during index scans
should be also pluggable, but not yet implemented (TODO).

Yes, Is it possible to use the same API that is added by above
patch?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia