Re: BUG #13586: Repository/Distribution issues - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dmitry Shvedov
Subject Re: BUG #13586: Repository/Distribution issues
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Michael, thanks for your response.
You're right about the PATH. However, it's a fresh linux install and
postgres has not been installed here before. What happened was that the
installation from this repo:
deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ trusty-pgdg main
did not add the executable to the PATH automatically as any installation on
Debian derivatives always does. Perhaps there's a valid reason for this,
but it's not a behavior that I expected. If it makes sense maybe the
installation packages should be modified to do that? Thanks.