Re: Inconsistency of timezones in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Chris BSomething
Subject Re: Inconsistency of timezones in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-bugs

"The function timezone(zone, timestamp) is equivalent to the SQL-conforming construct timestamp AT TIME ZONE zone."

Documentation seems to think it is.

On Wed, 31 Jul 2024 at 20:52, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> wrote:
Hi,

> I don't think merely thinking of a new function name is good enough because "AT TIME ZONE" I believe is an SQL standard. Now I don't have the SQL standard because I don't want to shell out the crazy money they want for it [...]

From what I can tell AT TIME ZONE syntax is not a part of the SQL
standard. The standard describes only implicit casts between TIMESTAMP
WITH TIMEZONE and TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIMEZONE.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev