Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
Date
In response to Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 15:07, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:29 PM Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> So if I understand this correctly if user bob has altered his search path and there is a security-definer function called owned by him then
> the search path will be changed for the duration of the function and reported for every iteration? The implications of this are "interesting" to say the least.

I don't believe that it matters what search path has been set using
ALTER USER bob.

Why wouldn't it ???