Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
Date
In response to Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Responses Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:29 PM Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> So if I understand this correctly if user bob has altered his search path and there is a security-definer function
calledowned by him then

> the search path will be changed for the duration of the function and reported for every iteration? The implications
ofthis are "interesting" to say the least.

I don't believe that it matters what search path has been set using
ALTER USER bob.  But it does matter whether there is a SET function
attached to the function definition.  If you're not familiar with
this, reread the CREATE FUNCTION docs... it's a cool feature.  And of
course the function could also have an explicit SET inside of it, or
several of them.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company