Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
Date
In response to Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 at 07:39, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 5:41 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> If we'd done server_version_num in 9.5, for example, less stuff would've
> broken with pg10.

Yeah, and if Tom hadn't forced it to be reverted from *8.2*, then
every version anyone still cares about would now have support for it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

So did this die from lack of interest?

I have proposed in another thread adding more GUC REPORT variables, but I see this as a much better way.

I'm willing to code the patch if we can get some buy in here ?