Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 at 06:39, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 06:03:50AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:

> What would happen if subsequent to the upgrade "ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE"
> was executed ?

If the extension was already up to date on the source cluster then obviously
nothing.

Otherwise, the extension would be updated.  But unless I'm willing (and
remember) to copy/paste until the end of time an anonymous block code that
checks the current server version to see if the wrapper function needs to be
overwritten then nothing will happen either as far as this function is
concerned.

Well I think that's on the extension author to fix. There's only so much pg_upgrade can do here.
It seems reasonable that upgrading the extension should upgrade the extension to the latest version.

Dave