Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 06:48:34AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Well I think that's on the extension author to fix. There's only so much
> pg_upgrade can do here.
> It seems reasonable that upgrading the extension should upgrade the
> extension to the latest version.

That would only work iff the extension was *not* up to date on the original
instance.  Otherwise I fail to see how any extension script will be called at
all, and therefore the extension was no way to fix anything.